He rolls into town drunk as a skunk trembling Chihuahua on his shoulder and rattle snakes for scarves.
He winks at the sun and collapses in paroxysms of laughter as the gullible gather round to buy his dubious wares he is the ‘Medicine Man’ curled up under the stars and the Appellation moon.
He is our April Fool, the Duke of Disorder, the paradise quack of chaos and we will be dancing the hallucinogenic hoedown with him at our Medicinal April Fool Soiree.
Our very own Lord of Misrule Mr Alfie Thomas will be guiding the proceedings, a fabulous line-up which includes:
- Lady Lovely Lute aka Stephanie Feeney who will whisper Medieval somethings in your ear, she will lull you into a false sense of sweetness and drop some Belladonna in your tea,
- the Rainbow warrior himself Kosmic Troubadour,
- Poet Millie George radical princess of Soho,
- Cian Binchy fresh from his sell-out show Madhouse re: Exit in Shoredich Town Hall,
- poet extraordinaire Debra Watson will be performing her beautiful verse with a bite,
- urban Punk goddess Julie D Riley with drummer Jeff Townsin,
- very special guest dancer TBC,
- special guest DJ and Society of Imaginary Friends playing their most mischievous songs.
- Not forgetting Gorgeous Vegan food by Culinary Magicians Kathy and Roger.
You would be a fool to miss it!!!
Karousel Music presents a North London Showcase. Announcing a new season back at their original venue in Wood Green – Karamel, deep in the heart of Chocolate Factory 2. Karousel Music are curating the first lineup, and then from thereon the artists are curating with their support. Get ready for Pat Dam Smyth’s lineup in July. But first… what a start here tonight!
It’s really important to Karousel Music that they nurture the community not just at the industry events in central London; but also support those nights that traditionally are the artists’ favourite nights off the beaten track. Teaming up once more with Collage Arts, who have made it possible to continue to give 100% to the artists by covering the sound and room hire.
The venue is a 5 min walk from Wood Green tube on the Piccadilly Line (only 20 mins from King’s Cross, 40 mins from Brixton) and is the same from Alexandra Palace overground (15 mins from Old St, 12 mins from Highbury and Islington) and is a stone’s throw from Muswell Hill, Turnpike Lane and Crouch End.
/// TICKETS HERE ///
Doors 7pm, Music 8pm.
Have a listen to the Karousel Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/karouselmusic/playlist/4SVcurluaWsrJvw4CsBhRu