JOIN OUR CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOPS AT KARAMEL!
– Ever wondered if there’s a poet or a novelist in you?
– Are you a writer in need of inspiration?
– Perhaps you want to write, but you’re afraid you have nothing to say?
– Perhaps you think about how much you used to love writing, and it makes you sad?
– Perahps you love the idea of writing, but feel you’re too old, or too young, or you’re not educated enough, or… or something!
If any of these apply to you (and even if none do), come along and join our Haringey Literature Live Writing Workshops! From March 2014 we are offering mini-courses in Creative Writing, on Wednesday mornings in the Long Lounge at Karamel.
Courses will run in three-week blocks, bookable in advance, and are aimed both at people who are completely new to writing, and also at more experienced writers who may wish to develop their ideas in a friendly and relaxed, small-group setting.
Time: 10am to 12.30pm, Wednesdays
Place: Long Lounge, Karamel Restaurant, Chocolate Factory 2, Coburg Road, N22 6UJ
Price: £45 for a three-Wednesdays course (includes hot drinks & biscuits in the break!)
The Nuts of Bolts of Poetry, with Jehane Markham
12th, 19th and 26th March, 10am-12.30pm, Karamel
How does form effect meaning? In these workshops we will endeavor to find out by looking at different forms such as the prose poem or the sonnet to see how they might suit a particular theme or idea. Using gentle writing exercises, we will look in some detail at different aspects of poetic writing, including rhythm, metaphor, line length and sound. With contemporary poets as our guides, we will navigate some of the bear-traps that await the would-be poet and go forward unafraid of expressing our ideas freely through poetry.